May 10 in Copenhagen, Denmark will be the Eurovision 2014 finals and the final 37 contenders are already chosen by their respective countries so it’s time for me to pick my favorites list to the Grand Finals.
My Top 3 Countdown
Number Three: (Moldova) Cristina Scarlat – Wild Soul
– My sleeping villanous overlord tendencies makes me love this song very much. Gets me with the following phrases “What am I? Am I human” & “Mercy, I have no feelings of mercy”. But truly the singer really nailed it. I hope they play on the “darkness” card during the live presentation.
Number Two: (Romania) Paula Seling & Ovi – Miracle
– both singers have a strong good voice and very well blended with each other. Remembering how I disliked Cezar last year I tried to see if I can change Romania from my top 3 rank list but listening to them a second and third time only enforces the decision to keep them. I hope they keep the same high quality performance in Copenhagen
Number One: (UK) Molly – Children Of The Universe
– this is one of those unity kind of songs which simply charms people to like it without much difficulty. Partnered with a beautiful lass who has a rock-on unique voice and it becomes a powerhouse classic song. If the video’s performance can be replicated on live performance then it really will win.
Catchy Songs I wouldn’t mind playing again and again
(Ireland) Cann-Linn (feat. Kasey Smith)
(Ukraine) Mariya Yaremchuk – Tick-Tock
(Hungary) Kállay-Saunders – Running
(Denmark) Basim – Cliche Love Song
(Sweden) Sanna Nielsen – Undo
– it’s good and actually is one of the favorites to win but not sure. It could probably win but I”m just not sure if I would add it to my playlist.
(Austria) Conchita Wurst – Rise Like A Phoenix
– actually found myself singing the part first line of the chorus which goes to say it is catchy….but the beard. He is beautiful though, I just can’t get myself to like the beard. It’s his signature style though to have the beard.
(Albania) Hersi – One Night’s Anger
– heavy accent but if this was sang in her native language it would be more awesome to listen to. Below is how it sounded in the original language